Calling everyone in the Rasa community! We are thrilled to announce the launch of the Rasa LLM Community Challenge, an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills, challenge your limits, push the boundaries of technology and win prizes totaling 5000 USD.
Over the last year, we’ve seen an explosion in projects leveraging the latest generative AI in creative ways, and we’ve seen the awesome power of open source communities pushing the boundaries of what large language models (LLMs) can do.
At Rasa, our community has always been at the heart of what we do and a lot of our previous innovations have been closely developed together with you. That’s why we want to celebrate all of the awesome things you are building! Whether you're a seasoned coder or an aspiring developer, this challenge is your chance to innovate and to inspire others.
The latest leaps in generative AI have significantly impacted the field of conversational AI, pushing the boundaries of what is possible in natural language understanding and generation. At Rasa, we’ve always challenged established ideas, pushing to rethink how conversational AI gets built. When we introduced DIET back in 2020, we enabled everyone to build NLU models on top of LLMs like GPT-2 and BERT. But with the latest generation of LLMs, we can do so much more than NLU. In fact, we’re working on a major overhaul of Rasa Open Source that’s set to launch later this year. And we are very excited about the progress we’re making towards level 5 AI assistants.
The Rasa LLM Community Challenge invites participants from all backgrounds and experience levels to design and develop innovative ways to use LLMs with Rasa. This challenge will provide a platform for developers to explore the vast potential of conversational AI, embrace creativity, and harness the power of coding to build something extraordinary.
We’re looking for projects that fit into one or both of the following categories:
- Smarter Assistants: Text or voice assistants built on Rasa that leverage LLMs under the hood
- Builder Productivity: Innovative ways to leverage LLMs that make the life of Rasa developers and business users easier in the process to create, manage and optimize an assistant
- Projects need to leverage Rasa Open Source or Rasa Pro
- Projects need to be licensed under a permissive open-source license (like Apache 2.0 or MIT)
- Individuals and teams can apply
- No cap on the number of team members
- One winner or individual representing a team for each prize
- June 28th: Registrations open
- July 20th, 11:59 pm PT: Final submission of applications
- July 27th, 8 am PT: Announcement and demo of winners during our Online Show & Tell
The prizes & jury
1st prize: 3,000 USD
2nd prize: 1,500 USD
3rd prize: 500 USD
Everyone who submits a project: Rasa T-Shirt
How projects will get evaluated:
- Concept innovation: Is your project unique in its approach and does it solve a specific problem in conversational AI?
- Technical implementation: What technology stack will you leverage to make your Al solution work? Are you leveraging closed-source or open-source LLMs?
- Ease of use: Does your project make it easier for an end user to leverage conversational AI, or easier for a developer to create, manage and optimize conversational AI?
- Dr. Alan Nichol, Co-founder & CTO @ Rasa
- Rosana Ardila, Group Product Manager Developer Products @ Rasa
- Sonam Pankaj, Developer Advocate @ Rasa
- Dishant Gandhi, Senior Bot Developer @ ChatOwl and Rasa Super Hero
- Hans van Dam, CEO @ Conversation Design Institute
How to Participate
- Today: Register for the challenge here
- By July 20th, 11:59 pm PT: Fill out the application form here
- If you’re selected as one of the winners, demo your project in our Online Show & Tell on July 27th
The Rasa LLM Community Challenge presents a thrilling opportunity for developers to showcase their ingenuity and creativity in the realm of conversational AI. Join us in this journey, and together, let's shape the future of this technology. We cannot wait to see what you build.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to post your question on our forum or email us at email@example.com!